Feb 21: 05207

Today is the first day of Lent, the 40 day period between Ash Wednesday and Passover (which modern Christians celebrate as Easter Sunday). Lent is traditionally seen as a period of preparation for Holy Week, the week surrounding the arrest, trial, crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus.
Although not Biblically obligated, many modern Christians celebrate Lent by voluntarily giving up something (a favorite food, drink, or activity) in order to prepare for Holy Week and to identify with the suffering of Christ.
I am giving up one of my favorite pastimes, eating ice cream.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Sounds very spiritual. However, in light of your past experiences with ice-cream denial, I will believe it when I see it. Just so you know, I did consider giving up coffee this year. Next year may be the big 40 days.